I’m so happy to see people enjoyed my “The Smoothie Smack-Down! Round One” post!!!! I really thought I was just writing for my own benefit. Anyway Today I made my husband another Banana Oatmeal smoothie for breakfast and a second smoothie for the afternoon.
Now this other smoothie is different and personally I thought it smelled a lil off but I’m sure some honey with remedy that. This other smoothie is called Belly Buster. This smoothie is part of a series of fitness smoothies from the SuperSkinnyMe blog. Here is the recipe for it and the link for the website complete with all 18 smoothies and the recipes for all of them!
- 1 Tbsp cold-pressed organic Flaxseed oil (MUFA)
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3/4 cup milk (skim/almond/soy)
- 1/4 cup low-fat greek yogurt
* you can find flaxseed oil in the baking aisle at your superstore where the cooking oil is. (Brookshires) also try a Health Food store for the oil and the seeds themselves.
Try some, Enjoy and let me know how it went!!!!
*Personal Note: I found the smell a little off so I am going to add either honey or cinnamon to it. If you need to sweeten a smoothie avoid sugar unless your really need it in which case use Brown Sugar, try adding honey or cinnamon (which will not add cal.) to sweeten your smoothie and enjoy!